Drennan AS2 (Big Carp) Pole Rig
Designed in conjunction with Alan Scotthorne, AS Pole Rigs have been more than a year in development and individually hand tied in our own factories, so the quality is second to none!
These rigs are designed in conjunction with five-time World Champion, Alan Scotthorne and are heavily based on Alan’s own rigs and rig diagrams. They took well over a year in development and are hand-tied in Drennan’s own factories.
They are designed for commercial fisheries and Incorporate the latest AS range of pole floats. They are made from the highest grade balsa and feature a special tough acrylic paint finish that gives exceptional strength and durability. They have highly visible hollow tips which are reinforced into the body and have a new-style of lightweight, blackened stainless steel eye that is kind to the line and a vast improvement over conventional spring eyes.
Sensible sized shot from No10 to No8 is used throughout and the shotting pattern based on Alan’s own recommendations. On each float there are three correctly positioned float rubbers to secure the float into place. Drennan Supplex line is used throughout, and loops are all tied with a reliable figure-of-eight knot.
Each rig comes on an innovative new toughened pole winder made from glass-filled nylon and a unique design of pole winder with allowing you to have the hook at the very end, which avoids kinking the hooklength. The winders are also clearly labeled and have detailed rig information printed onto the front face.
As close as you could get in mass production to what Alan Scotthorne uses himself. Arguably the best readymade pole rigs available!
Four styles are available incorporating the latest AS pole floats:
- AS1 (F1 & Carp)
- AS2 (Big Carp)
- AS3 (Silverfish & F1)
- AS4 (Margin Carp)
AS2 (Big Carp) Pole Rig:
- Float: AS2
- Sizes: 0.4g, 0.5g, 0.6g
- Stem: Thickened 0.6mm stainless steel
- Tip: 1.75mm hollow
- Rig length: 3.5m
- Main line: 0.20mm Supplex
- Hooklength: 15cm of 0.18mm Supplex
- Hook: Size 14 Drennan Wide Gape Carp Shotting: Bulk plus two No10 droppers
- Designed in conjunction with five-time World Champion, Alan Scotthorne
- Heavily based on Alan’s own rigs and rig diagrams
- Well over a year in development
- Hand-tied in Drennan’s own factories
- Designed for commercial fisheries
- Incorporating the latest AS range of pole floats
- Highest grade balsa bodies
- Special tough acrylic paint finish gives exceptional strength and durability
- Highly visible hollow tips reinforced into the body
- New-style of lightweight, blackened stainless steel eye is kind to the line and a vast improvement over conventional spring eyes
- Sensible sized shot from No10 to No8 used throughout
- Shotting patterns based on Alan’s recommendations
- Three correctly positioned float rubbers on each stem
- Drennan Supplex line used throughout
- Loops all tied with a reliable figure-of-eight knot
- Sensible 15cm (6in) hooklengths and Drennan barbless hooks
- Innovative new toughened pole winders made from glass-filled nylon
- Unique design of pole winder places hook at the very end, which avoids kinking the hooklength
- Clear and detailed rig information printed onto the front face of the winder itself
- Four styles of rig; each in three of the most popular sizes
- As close as you could get in mass production to what Alan Scotthorne uses himself!
- Arguably the best readymade pole rigs available!
Shipping & Returns
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.